Galleon Pharmacy wishes all of the matrics the best with their exams
It is that time of the year again – matric exams! This time of year can be very stressful – for both students as well as parents. We would like to extend our best wishes to all of the matrics around South Africa and Johannesburg and have some great supplements to assist with concentration and stress relief.
Along with the tips below, take a look at some of the helpful supplements we recommend and stock here at Galleon Pharmacy that can assist with concentration levels, stress and mental alertness. Pop in to Galleon Pharmacy which is situated in Hyde Park Corner shopping centre in Hyde Park near Sandton in Johannesburg, and we will guide you and recommend the perfect supplements for you!
Top tips for avoiding and controlling exam stress
- Exercise is very important during exam time – it helps you feel focused and refreshed. This will get the blood flowing and assist in focusing better.
- Nutrition is super important so make sure that you are eating healthily and getting important nutrients into your body – trash the junk foods and sugary treats and go with fresh and replenishing food choices. Dont forget to drink plenty of fresh water too!
- Ensure that you are getting enough sleep – a well rested mind and body does wonders for concentration, motivation and memory.
- Study breaks are crucial – plan your breaks in order to regain your focus levels. Take a walk, do some star jumps or simply appreciate the beauty in nature for a few minutes in between study sessions. Taking these breaks can be as important as studying in itself, we need to remember that we are not robots and we benefit greatly from reviving and resting – even for very short periods.
- Planning and being organised – when we have a plan, things seem to go a bit more smoothly. Plan your study sessions and organise your study schedule to ensure that you fit in all of your material and do not face a situation where you are forced to cram! Get a routine in place and stick to it!
- Do not allow yourself to become distracted – especially by social media! Switch off all of the electronic devices around you that you do not require for your study time and resist the temptation to switch back on until you are done studying. Keep the TV and radio switched off and allow yourself to be fully focused on the study material in front of you.
- Avoid coffee and other stimulants – you may think that these things will help you but they are actually to your detriment. Take nutritionally valuable supplements instead, that will help with concentration levels and mental fitness.
- Do the best that you can do – do not compare yourself to others or their study methods, do what works for you and remember that if you are doing your best, it is good enough!
Once again we wish you all the very best of luck – we know you can do this!